A small hill station in Kerala, Munnar lies nestled in the Western Ghats. Its breathtaking natural beauty comes from lofty mountains, sprawling tea estates, thriving wildlife, and evergreen forests. All this, along with the history of the place, makes Munnar a splendid destination for a family vacation with kids. The rivers, forests, and wildlife are the perfect tickets to please every child while also educating them throughout the trip.
Here are the top five places to visit in Munnar as a family, where everyone will be entertained.
- Echo Point – Sitting snug at the height of 600 feet amidst three mountains – Kundala, Muthirapuzha and Nallathanni – this is the best place to visit in Munnar to get panoramic views of the surrounding tea plantations. The serene lake adds to the beauty of the place. Kids enjoy this place as it’s just the spot for a family picnic. They are sure to have fun by shouting as loud as they can, and waiting for the echo to bounce back.
- Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary – The best way to combine a fun-filled day with an educational experience is by going to Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary. Explore the forested area while you come across animals such as deer, elephants, leopards, and the giant grizzled squirrel in their natural habitat. You can go on treks, ride jeeps into the thick forest, or climb the various watchtowers and treetops for captivating views. All in all, it will be a day well spent.
- Kolukkumalai Tea Estate – Perched high at 8000 feet above sea level, this gorgeous estate is one of the highest tea estates in the world. Known for its flavoursome tea, you and your children can learn how tea is cultivated. You can also see some fantastic views while sipping on piping hot tea.
- Blossom Hydel Park – A perfect spot for families with kids to visit, this park has plenty of activities to keep everyone busy. From boating to cycling to walking paths filled with flowering plants to birds, there’s so much to do and see.
- Rajamalai National Park – The home of the Nilgiri tahr (a kind of mountain goat) and a rare shrub known as Neelakurinji that flowers very infrequently, a trip here will give your family a chance to spot some exotic animals, birds, and plants.
To make your family vacation perfect, get a Club Mahindra membership and stay at the Club Mahindra Munnar resort. It’s the epitome of comfort, equipped with essential amenities for a memorable family holiday.
Don’t believe us? Check out the Club Mahindra reviews by our dear members.