Nestled in God’s Own Country, Kerala, Vagamon is a beautiful hill station you absolutely must visit with your family. Of the many tourist places in Kerala, this sleepy town is still untouched by commercialisation and you are sure to fall in love with the place.
About 100 km from Kochi and on the Idukki border, Vagamon is the perfect family holiday spot as it has something to offer everyone. Here are the top six things to do when you’re there:
1. Commune with nature: The hill station has sights to steal your heart. From lush green meadows and cascading waterfalls to misty mountains and valleys bursting with flowers, Vagamon’s beauty has lately found its way into movies and paintings. There’s no better place to sit back and appreciate the beauty of nature.
2. Take postcard-perfect pictures: You don’t have to be a great photographer to take stunning shots here. Point your camera phone and click away, for every nook and corner of this divine hill station is picture-perfect. If you are an avid photographer, Vagamon can be your divine muse. So don’t forget to carry your DSLR.
3. Visit the tea gardens: Vagamon has expansive tea estates. Take a deep breath of the cool mountain air that carries the sweet scent of tea as you explore the tea gardens. Grab a hot cuppa in the cold weather with your family. Pick some authentic teas to take back home for friends. You can also go boating in the lake adjacent to the tea plantations.
4. Wear your trekking shoes: If trekking is your thing, these hills have ample opportunities for exploration. From light to moderate to challenging, there are trails for everybody. And while you are at it, don’t forget to take in the stunning natural beauty of the three beautiful hills in the area – Thangalpara, Murugan Mala, and Kurisumala.
5. Get an adrenaline rush: Vagamon is a well-known destination for adventure enthusiasts. Kuttikkanam offers paragliding, rock climbing, and mountaineering opportunities. The International Paragliding Fest is hosted here annually. So check the event calendar before you set out if you wish to indulge in some adrenaline-pumping activity.
6. Invoke your spiritual side: The famous Kurisumala ashram aligns Christianity and Hindu beliefs and is worth a visit. Thangalpara, a Muslim pilgrimage site, is situated just 5 km from Vagamon. Murugan Mala predictably has a temple dedicated to Lord Murugan.
Next time you are in Kerala, make sure you include Vagamon in your itinerary. Kerala Tourism offers some incredible holiday opportunities, whether in Vagamon or in other attractive tourist spots in the state. And your vacation in Kerala promises to be even more memorable when you choose to stay at any of the nine Club Mahindra resorts in the state.
Every Club Mahindra resort promises a fun holiday. The spacious rooms ensure a comfortable stay. Whether you want to chill out, indulge in various activities, or enjoy lip-smacking food at the in-house restaurants, Club Mahindra resorts assure you the perfect holiday.
Plan a vacation with Club Mahindra today & have a pleasant and memorable stay at Wayanad resort in Kerala with family.