One of the most popular holiday destinations, Ooty is often known as the ‘Queen of Hill Stations’. And for good reason too. The natural beauty, the exciting tourist spots and the beautiful weather throughout the year make family vacations in Ooty very memorable.
Among the many fun activities, one can enjoy here, Ooty offers adventure seekers many opportunities. Trekking is one of the most popular activities here. Surrounded by mountains and covered in lush greenery, there are few places more ideal for a perfect trek than Ooty.
Are you a trekking enthusiast yourself? Take note of the five best trekking routes in Ooty for the next time you plan to holiday here:
1. Sengottaraayar Malai: A trip to Sengottaraayar Malai in Coonoor cannot be missed. The top of the hills offers a picturesque view of the nearby tea estates and hill ranges. As you walk up the hill range, beautiful villages, rivulets and the vast expanse of tea estates make for a thrilling sight. This trip can be undertaken from Bengaluru and would cost around INR 3,800 per adult.
2. Doddabetta Peak: This is the highest peak in the Nilgiri mountain range. A trek up this stretch is a special experience. A reserved forest cover surrounds the peak, offering a scenic view when you trek upwards. At the top, the Telescope House allows a panoramic view of the nearby areas.
3. Mukurthi Peak: Nestled in the Mukurthi National Park, Mukruthi Peak features a rugged trail that allows you a beautiful view of the National Park and the nearby mountains. The trek will take around two hours each way. Once at the top, you can stay overnight at one of the many nature camps and leisurely trek down the next day.
4. Parsons Dam: A trip to the Parsons Dam is a must. First, you reach the Parsons Valley where you can enjoy the greenery around. Then, once at the Parsons Valley checkpoint, you will have to furnish permission to trek beyond. In a bit, you will reach the Parsons Dam, where you can witness a magnificent view of the dam and its surroundings.
5. Kotagiri-Elk Falls: Home to the Kota tribes, Kotagiri is a favourite among trekkers. The trek begins from Kotagiri and moves towards the Kodanad viewpoint. From here, head south-west to reach the Catherine Falls and Elk Falls. The breath-taking view of the waterfalls and Moyar River will make the tiring trek worthwhile.
If you are planning on a holiday to Ooty, a choice to stay at Club Mahindra Danish Villa resort in Ooty or Club Mahindra Derby Green resort in Ooty will be a wise one. A Club Mahindra membership offers you 25 years of magical holidays at 50+ scenic resorts in India and abroad. The Club Mahindra resorts offer spacious rooms, delicious local food in the in-house restaurants and a variety of activities for you and your family. Club Mahindra reviews of our resorts will tell you how families are enjoying their holidays with Club Mahindra. Signup for a Club Mahindra membership for exclusive offers and magical holidays for the next 25 years at 50+ resorts in India and abroad.